Zepter International design contest
"Zepter International is pleased to announce this year's open competition for designers and artists from around the world who wish to take part in the Box for Everything & Nothing 2011 exhibition.
"The main task is to design a box of any shape that's functional and preferably progressive and environmentally aware."
The contest details
Your submission may be a box of any shape. The minimum dimension for your box should be no less than 10x10 cm (3.9x3.9 inches). The maximum dimension for your box should be no larger than 30x30 cm (11.8x11.8 inches).
* Your box/design should be signed by you
* Your box must be functional with added artistic and aesthetic ....values
* You must fill out a completed application form
* Include a typed biography of yourself plus the relevant details ....about your entry
* Include color photographs or digital media that is 13x18 cm or ....larger in hires of your piece
* No conceptual work will be considered
* Works in glass, metal, plastic, ceramics, and composite materials are acceptable
Send your entries to:
ZEPTER INTERNATIONAL BRID MARKETING
ARTZEPT 2011 "BOX FOR EVERYTHING & NOTHING"
via Sibilla Aleramo 13
20092 Cinisello Balsamo (MI) - Italy
Your piece must arrive at the contest offices by October 20, 2011.
The sponsors have given several preliminary rules for this contest:
* ArtZept 2011 is open competition for designers and artists from ....around the world.
* Each designer or artist can submit one entry only.
* No purely conceptual work will be considered for the exhibition.
* Works in all techniques, glass, metal, plastic, ceramics, and ....composite materials will be considered.
* Given the insurance costs, no exhibit whose worth exceeds 400 € ....will be considered for the exhibition.
* None of the selected and exhibited works may be withdrawn from ....the exhibition before the closing date.
Read the contest guidelines for complete details
Winning entries will be part of a traveling exhibition that will be displayed in major cities around the world. Winning pieces will also be featured in an exhibition catalog.
In addition, cash prizes and merchandise will be given to the winners:
* 1st prize: €10,000 ($13,853 USD)
* 2nd prize: €4,000 ($5,541 USD) worth of Zepter products
* 3rd prize: €3,000 ($4,156 USD) worth of Zepter products
Complete contest guidelines
Application form (PDF document)
Graphic design school and package design
When you walk down the aisles of a department store or supermarket, most of the products you see are in some sort of packaging. The illustrators who created the graphics and images on the boxes and containers have a good eye for design.
If you are interested in how to make products more appealing through visual presentation, an education at a graphic design college can help you understand design principles and techniques.
Speak to your graphic design school representative to find out what sort of opportunities are available to you in this interesting field of advertising design.