Triangle Artists International Residency Program 2011
Free Studio Space in New York City
Have you ever dreamed about working in a studio of your very own in a metropolitan setting where you could create, develop, and hone your artistic and design ideas?
The Triangle Artist's International Residency Program 2011 offers you an opportunity to do this.
What the Residency Program is About
The Triangle Arts Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and support of emerging international and national visual artists. TAA states:
"The International and National Residency Program was created in 2003 to fulfill the need for more studio programs in New York City.
"Artists are provided with a free spacious studio ranging from 400-800 square feet.
"Each residency session includes Open Studio weekends with mailings and publicity and the possibility of a temporary exhibition.
"In addition, Triangle organizes visits from critics, curators and other art professionals."
Artists selected for this residency will have access to the studios 24/7 for a period of 6 months.
General Rules and Guidelines
Triangle Arts is seeking visual artists that are emerging and underrepresented. The following are some of the rules and information regarding this residency program:
* You must NOT be currently enrolled in a degree program.
* You must be 18 years or older to be eligible for this residency.
* You may work in any medium of the visual arts.
* This residency is open to all national and international artists.
* Only studio space is offered for this residency program.
* Participants must arrange for their own housing, food, transportation, etc.
* You must utilize the studios at least 15 hours per week.
For specific details about submission rules, visit the official contest website. The following are general rules for entries:
* Work must be submitted in jpeg format.
* Maximum size of digital work must be no more than 1200X1200 pixels.
* Resolution of your images should be 72dpi.
* You may submit up to 8 pieces of art for review.
In addition to a six month expenses paid studio, accepted artists will also benefit from an Open Studio exhibition of their pieces where the general public will be invited.
Resident artists will also be visited by critics, art curators and writers. This gives aspiring visual artists the opportunity to create social networks with those who are connected to the world of art.
Contest Links and Other Information
The deadline for application is February 28, 2011. Follow these links for further information regarding this residency program.
Triangle Arts Residency Webpage
Triangle Arts Mission Statement and Purpose
Submission Page / Entry Form for Artists
History of Triangle Arts Association
Triangle Arts Workshop Schedule