PrixArs International Competition for Cyber Arts
Cutting Edge Digital Art
Are you a graphic designer, illustrator or photographer who always strives to produce digital media that is above rest of the pack? Does your artwork and creative ideas push others to be more creative?
If you are this type of designer the PrixArs Electronica Competition for Cyber Arts is for you.
The contest sponsor states:
"Since 1987, the Prix Ars Electronica has served as an interdisciplinary platform for everyone who uses the computer as a universal medium for implementing and designing their creative projects at the interface of art, technology and society."
Now Is Your Chance
The PrixArs Electronica contest has seven categories to choose from. Awards and prizes will be given to each category's respective winner:
There is a total of €117,500 ($152,149.68 USD ) in cash prizes for this competition. The awards ceremony for the Ars Electronica Festival will take place in Linz, Austria.
The prize breakdown for each respective category is as follows:
* Computer Animation / Film / VFX: €20,000 ($26,009 USD)
* Interactive Art: €20,000 ($26,009 USD)
* Digital Music & Sound Art: €20,000 ($26,009 USD)
* Hybrid Art: €20,000 ($26,009 USD)
* Digital Communities: €20,000 ($26,009 USD)
* u19 - freestyle computing: €9,000 ($26,009 USD)
* "The Next Idea" -- Voestalpine Art and Technology Grant: €7,500 ($9,753 USD)
Please see the complete rules and guidelines for more information. The general rules are:
* This contest is an international contest and anyone from any country may enter.
* Do not submit pieces that are irreplaceable originals. Entries cannot be returned.
* Be sure to see the specific rules for each category.
* An entry may only be submitted to one contest category.
* You may submit more than one work as long as each submission is for a different category.
* You must be registered on the Arts Electronica website to participate in this contest.
Other Contest Information and Links
This contest is open until March 18, 2011. There is no entry fee in order to participate in this contest.
For important details about this contest follow these links: