The "Rethink" $18K Scholarship for Art/Graphic Design Students
Calling All Aspiring Art and Graphic Designers
Langara College and Rethink Communications are offering one $18,000 two-year scholarship to Langara's Communication and Ideation Design program. The CID curriculum at Langara College centers on expanding the creative aspects related to graphic design, art direction, and other visual-media related fields.
The winner of this competition will also receive an internship at Rethink, a cutting edge communications-idea agency located in Canada.
The Rethink competition is open to anyone 19 years or older. You should be able to attend full-time classes starting September 2010 semester. This contest originates in Canada. If an international student wins this award, the scholarship is conditional upon the issue of a valid student visa. Participants in this contest must also have a valid high school diploma or equivalent background.
"The sketchbook can be any size in terms of width and height, but it must have a hard black cover. Also, the number of pages in the book might vary depending on where you get it, though it should not exceed 250.
"Remember not to worry about filling out the whole book, because a few brilliant ideas are always better than a huge pile of mediocre work...
The official application form must accompany your sketchbook. This PDF document can be downloaded by clicking here. Mail your sketchbook for this contest to:
The Rethink Scholarship
700-470 Granville St.
* The clarity of the ideas and how they are executed ...within your sketchbook.
* The relevance in association to the scholarship program ....you are applying to.
* How "fresh" and imaginative the thinking is.
* The craft and production value of your work.
* Quality over quantity of your sketches. You don't have to show ever idea you've had.
The sponsors of this contest provide the following tips regarding the submission of sketchbooks:
* Give your book an idea (or ideas) beyond your bio. If we wanted that we'd just steal your diary.
* Your application to a communication arts program should, well, communicate, artistically.
* Don't use the entire book if there's no reason to. Remember that a few great ideas will always ...beat an entire book filled with mediocre work.
* Pen and paper aren't your only options. Sculptures, photos, interactive, it's all fair game.
* It never hurts to show us your thinking, we like seeing how you got to what you're presenting.
Complete details for this contest can be found by going to the Rethink Scholarship interactive website and Rethink Inc. Questions about this competition should be directed to questions [at] rethinkscholarship.com.
The contest deadline is June 1, 2010. There is no entry fee for this competition.