Penny Arcade $10,000 Scholarship Award
The Penny Arcade 2010 Scholarship Award may be exactly the scholarship contest you are looking for if you are pursuing a career in the video game industry as an animator, artist or other field related to gaming.
If you are selected for this scholarship, it can assist you with your education expenses. The winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship.
Do I Qualify?
According to Penny Arcade, if you meet the following general requirements, you qualify for this scholarship:
* You must be a student attending an accredited college or university ....in the US during the 2009-2010 academic school year.
* You must be currently enrolled in a program in order to be eligible. ....High School Seniors are not eligible.
* You must have the intention to enter the game industry in some ....capacity.
* You may have a major in any subject.
* Your GPA must be a minimum of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
* Submit verification of enrollment in undergraduate or graduate ....studies program for the Academic Year 2009-2010.
* Each award is for one year. Students must reapply for ....consideration the following year. No applicant may receive more ....than one scholarship award.
In addition to the initial requirements for eligibility, the following guidelines must be met by applicants. The selection of a winner will be judged according to the following criteria:
1. Postmarked by May 30, 2010
2. Completed & signed application
3. Two page [maximum] letter from you including:
.....a. Information about studies and how you will benefit the game ...........industry and in what particular field
.....b. Statement addressing applicant's service, leadership, ...........character and financial need.
4. Two current signed letters of recommendation:
.....a. Letters of Recommendation must be from colleagues or ...........professors from current study program, administration, ...........and/or professors who have knowledge of individual ...........applicant.
.....b. Letters of recommendation need to address applicant's ...........potential to make a significant contribution to the game ...........industry through character, service or leadership abilities.
5. Most recent official college/university transcript [with school .....stamp, school official's signature, or embossed stamp/seal] and .......schools grading system.
6. A photograph to be used for publication of award winners (Photograph will NOT be part of the ......selection process).
7. Include name, specific address, & phone number of college/university applicant is attending.
8. Must be able to provide documentation showing deposit of tuition funds to educational institution ......as well as provide transcript for 2009 - 2010 academic year. If unable to do so, winner forfeits ......the scholarship and must return funds within six weeks of written notice.
Send your application with all pertinent materials to:
c/o The Official Penny Arcade Scholarship
123 NW 36th Street NW, Suite 210
Seattle, Washington 98107
For complete details about this contest and the official entry form, download the PDF document by following this link. The postmark deadline for scholarship submissions is May 30th, 2010.