Ready, Set, Action!
If you are currently enrolled in a graphic design school or design college as a film student, Kodak's Scholarship Program may help you offset some of your college expenses or provide materials to assist you in your film education.
How It Works
You must be nominated by either your school department or official school representative in order to enter this contest. The official entry form in PDF format can be downloaded by clicking on this link.
If you are enrolled as a film or cinematography student at a design center, university or graphic design college in any of the following locations, you are eligible to participate in this scholarship competition:
Asia Pacific countries: Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore
European countries: Austria, Benelux, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Latin America countries: Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Surinam, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
* Entries that are accepted must be works that were created by the nominee.
* The work must show a story or theme in some way.
* The submitted work must be in its entirety. Film clips or shorts do not qualify as acceptable entries.
* There is a limit of two nominees per institution for this scholarship contest.
* Nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2009-2010 academic year and will be enrolling for the 2010-2011 academic year in a degree program.
* Winners agree to the full use of their names, photos, and their location for possible publicity use by Kodak.
Send two copies of your registration along with two copies of your DVD to:
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0315
* Academic Achievement
* Technical Ability
* Communications Ability
Visual Imagery will count 50%, creative and other technical skills 25%, and the other criteria 25%. All decisions are final.
* Gold: $1,000 cash award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
* Silver: $4,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
* Bronze: $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
* Honorable Mentions: Two $2,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grants
There is no entry fee for this contest. The deadline for entries is June 14, 2010. The winners will be announced sometime in August 2010. For questions concerning this contest go to the Kodak website to register. Go to the official contest website to see additional details about this scholarship program.