Strathmore Illustration Contest for Dry Media
In this case, they're not talking about the color green, but their dedication in making sure that they do their part in environmental stewardship.
To celebrate this, Strathmore is announcing its How Do You See Green Illustration Contest.
Strathmore gives the following information about their contest in detail:
How to Enter:
• Create a piece of art that expresses the theme of “green” and “environment” using dry media techniques on Strathmore paper. (pencil, pastel, charcoal, etc.)
• Scan or photograph artwork for submission to the contest.
• Complete the online entry form and upload image from your computer.
• Images must be in jpeg format and no larger than 2.0 mb file size. No mail-in entry is available.
• Once you have completed the submission process, you will receive a confirmation that the upload was successful.
Who May Enter:
• Contest is open to all artists 18 years of age or older on or before the date of January 31, 2010.
• Artists may enter in 1 of 2 categories: student or professional/hobbyist.
• There are no entry fees. Contest is void where prohibited.
• Artwork may not have been made commercially available, have won any other prize/award, or been previously submitted to any other contest.
• Art must be the exclusive original work of the entrant.
The contest will be judged in two rounds:
• 20 finalists will be selected by a panel of independent art professionals and Strathmore Artist Papers employees on or before January 1, 2010.
• Judging will be based on Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Theme, Composition, and Expression.
• Finalists agree to send in original artwork to Strathmore Artist Papers for verification that a Strathmore paper surface was used. Original artwork will be returned to the artist.
• The 20 finalists will be posted in an online gallery for final judging. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite pieces of art.
• 4 grand prize winners will be selected by popular vote via online voting.
• Winners will be selected no earlier than February 1, 2010 and notified by email.
• The judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
• 4 total grand prize winners will be selected by popular vote via online voting. Of the total grand prizes, 2 will be awarded in the student and 2 in the professional/hobbyist category.
Grand prize consists of the following:
• Artwork featured on 1 of 4 Strathmore Artist Papers premium recycled pads for the duration of one year, or until inventory is sold out, whichever happens first.
• $1,000 scholarship awarded to each of the 2 student winners’ art department.
• 1 carton of pads for the winning artists to hand out to friends and family.
The deadline for this contest is January 31, 2010
Strathmore and Its Work for the Environment
In 1972, Strathmore pioneered the industry's first recycled artist papers. Today, it produces the first line of artist papers made with 100% certified renewable energy.
The Windpower Series of paper products are manufactured with emissions free wind-generated electricity. In addition Strathmore is involved with making certain product lines with recycled paper and alternative fibers such as hemp and cotton.