2010 Jem Doll Fashion Design Contest
The World of Jem and Fashion
If you are attending school to study fashion design, your interest in this interesting field may have started with something as innocent as designing outfits for your favorite Jem dolls.
Although the Jem toy line and animation series was discontinued in the late 1980s, there is still a loyal following for the brand.
Among the individuals dedicated to the Jem universe are the fans at Jemcon.org who celebrate all things Jem. In honor of the Jem fashion dolls, Jemcon.org is holding its Jemcon 2010 Fashion Design Contest.
For this year's contest, the theme is "Set Your Sails for New England." The contest sponsors state:
"We're asking designers to add an element of sea-breezy adventure and elegant simplicity that reflects this tropical theme."
- Contestants must be 16 years or older
- Entries must be submitted using the official contest template. For those who are designing on their computers with a graphics software program, click here to download the template. Click here to download the PDF version if you want to hand draw your design
- To enter the contest click here to go to the online entry website page
- Entries must be submitted in .jpg/.jpeg or .png formats. Submissions that are in any other format will be rejected. You may also submit paper entries to the contest using the PDF template
- Up to three entries per designer is allowed
- For multiple submissions use the three available entry slots on the application form
For the complete guidelines and rules for this contest, click here.
The top 8-12 designs will be selected by a panel of judges. Members of the jencom.org message board will vote for their favorite design. The winner is determined by the most votes.
- Recognition as the Top Design of the contest
- Winning design will be handcrafted and displayed on a Jem doll at the 2010 Jemcon Convention
- A portion of the funds generated by registration fees for the convention will be donated to charity.
The contest deadline is December 1, 2009. The winner will be announced on January 3rd, 2010. If you have any questions concerning the contest, click here.