Smith Micro Will Publish GROBOTO 3D Design Software
Smith Micro Software, Inc. Consumer Group today announced the availability of GroBoto, a fun and easy-to-use software program that lets artists generate fresh and innovative 3D images and animations in minutes.
Available for PC and Mac users, GroBoto provides a set of powerful and professional-quality 3D modeling, imaging and animation tools to create imaginative images and animations without the hassle of long 3D render times. GroBoto can be used with 2D graphics tools for unique webpages, fliers, posters and illustrations and with 3D tools to build whimsical scenes and objects.
"GroBoto forms a creative bridge between artist and computer, making 3D accessible for both hobbyists and graphic professionals," said Steve Cooper, Product Marketing Manager, Graphics Solutions for Smith Micro Software. "GroBoto is inexpensive, fun and provides instant gratification for anyone who enjoys creating one-of-a-kind 3D images and animation. Additionally, because GroBoto can export objects compatible with most popular 3D tools on the market, including Poser 7 and Poser Pro, we're confident that our customers will welcome GroBoto's collaborative and explorative design tools to Smith Micro's comprehensive line of graphic and animation products."
The key to GroBoto's functionality lies within its use of "bots", which let customers utilize a vast library of tools to create morphable algorithmic forms, allow freehand drawing in 3D and enable intelligent editing of created models. A truly infinite variety of abstract forms and compositions emerge with just a few clicks. Users can then export models created in GroBoto into other popular graphics applications that support the .OBJ format.
Key Features and Benefits:
- "Bots" - Let users easily create morphable forms, freehand drawings in 3D and intelligent editing
- Proprietary Texture Technology - Create and produce incredibly rich, high-definition animations and models with seamless, flicker-free mapping and tiling
- Environment controls – Users can control cameras and lights in scenes, add fog, sky color gradients and stars and more
- Animation Support – Kinetic morph engine blends parametric and positional morphing; natural kinetics produce natural, spectacular animation sequences
- Complete Integration - OBJ export allows integration into Poser and most other 3D applications, or export 2D imagery for use with almost any graphics or video editing tool
Pricing and Availability: The MSRP for GroBoto is $79.99. GroBoto is available at the Smith Micro web store at: http://www.smithmicro.com/groboto and popular retailers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.